Welcome to my first ever blog post!
I guess this is the part where I have to convince you why you should read my blog and take the time to keep coming back and reading it. I am not going to do that. What I will do is tell you what I am going to be putting in my blog, why I am writing it, and things that I am passionate about. If you find that you like what you see and want to keep reading then I invite you to come along for my journey.
I honestly have been thinking about writing a blog for three year now and am finally taking the jump into the unknown and doing it. There are a few reasons why I have been hesitant, but the biggest one is that I figured people wouldn’t care what I have to say. Over the years I have come to realize that is not the case. My friends have always come to me for advice. I never really thought about that as being significant, yet it is. They keep coming back to me for advice because I never tell them what they should do in any given situation. I am the person who will give you both sides of the situation so that you can make a clear educated decision. Most of the time we are unable to see another side of a situation or someone’s point of view. I have been there before and had a friend tell me I was being crazy because of whatever reason and then I have to take a step back and realize I was being crazy. If I had not proven to be someone to take advice from they would not keep coming back to me. There are times when they get frustrated because I would not make a decision for them, but in the end they are happy I did not. I could never tell someone what to do with their life, because I do not live their life. I do not have to live with the decision that is made, they do.
This blog was started as a way to share knowledge that I have. I do not know everything about everything, but the things I do know are significant and I know there are some people who will be able to relate to the things I have been through and will go through. I want people to be able to learn from my “mistakes” in life. I don’t really consider them mistakes though, because they have made me into the person that I am today and I love the person that I am. I will talk about life, love, and how to make the most of it. Some things I have been through and will write about:
- My mother had a chronic illness and died young, but she taught me the best lesson about life in the world.
- My father was not really a part of my life. To me he is a stranger, but we have been talking a little recently. I have the opportunity to learn why and who he is if I take the time.
- I have been married and then got divorced, but I was able to find myself again through years of self-evaluation. I learned a lot of life lessons from this one.
- I have had hip dysplasia for all of my life, until last year when I got a hip replacement. I had been in pain every day of my life until recently, and even still it comes and goes, but I will explain more later.
- I found love again in the most unique situation and I can say I have never been happier in my life.
Some things that I am really passionate about are my friends and family first and foremost. I would not be the person that I am today without all of the amazing people in my life. Even the not so amazing people that have come and gone out of my life made me the person that I am. I have had the pleasure of making friends from all different types of backgrounds and who have all lived different situations and from that I have learned so many things about life. I have been blessed to grow up in such a beautiful place and I enjoy going out and seeing new things and just enjoying nature. I live near the beach and when I am having a bad day going down there and just listening to the ocean waves is so calming. Some of my hobbies include video games, crocheting, reading, and playing with makeup. I am a cosmetologist and I am always either doing someone’s hair or their makeup. Cosmetology is something that I love doing, but never got into doing professionally, but I will explain more in a later post.
So to wrap this up. My blog was started as a way to share my experiences and hopeful help someone learn from my past or just learn about life from a different prospective. If you have made it this far THANK YOU so much for sticking with me. My promise to you with this blog:
- My posts will be unfiltered
- I will never lie to you, even if it comes at my own embarrassment. Everything is a life lesson.
- I will not sugar coat anything. I will always tell you like it is.
- I will do my best to be consistent with posting, but life does happen.
- Hopefully this blog will be entertaining to you.
My final thought I will leave you with: every connection, big or small, has an impact on our lives. Who knows maybe in reading my blog you will find something that will help benefit your life.
I would love to get to know you or what you are interested about hearing so comment down below!
*The picture represents life, difficult at times, but so worth it.